Tuesday 29 December 2015

Uncle Bill: Discipline and sticky buns

I haven't posted anything here for a very long time. Partly this is because I've been busy, doing things that aren't suitable for a blog, and partly it's because when I have written something suitable, I've posted it elsewhere.

Here, for example, is a piece that I like very much about the broadcaster Bill Mitchell, who used to present children's programmes on BFBS radio in the 1960s and '70s. Unless you have experience of the British Army on the Rhine, you've extremely unlikely to have heard of him - but I think he's an intriguing figure anyway, and worth a few minutes of your time.

2 comments:

  1. Queer nomenclature, me wee lad.
    Could your parents have studied
    too many of Monty Python fliks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PROVE! TO! ME!
    anyone! anytime!
    A N Y W H E R E!!
    this finite existence
    is more XX-citing
    than eternal
    Seventh-Heaven...
    and I'll gitcha
    a pitcher-O-beer
    Upstairs, bro.
    No charge!
    Im buds withe Owner...

    ReplyDelete